- 1 leftover hambone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 Cups Instant Rice
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups leftover diced ham
- Place leftover hambone in a large stockpot or Dutch oven and add enough water to cover the bone halfway, about 6-7 cups. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes to 1 hour; remove and toss the hambone.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium low heat. Add garlic, onion… Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 2-5 minutes. Stir in ham stock, Rice, thyme and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer on low 10-12 minutes. Stir in ham until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
One thought on “Leftover Ham and Rice Soup”