- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes ( or chopped up whole)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 very large green bell pepper
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
In a large Dutch oven, cook and stir the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink ,about 10 minutes. Skim off excess fat, and stir in the onions, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms.Cook and stir the meat mixture until the onions are translucent, about another 10 minutes.
Stir in broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and seasoned salt, then bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the macaroni, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let sit 5-10 minutes. ENJOY!