You are probably wondering why I call it homeschool soup. It was started by the kiddo last month. I have called it chicken and rice for years, and its so fast and easy and really good. However, its actually so fast that the kiddo stated that we could cook it and eat it in between lessons so fast that it needed a better name? Well, Homeschool Chicken and Rice Soup was born… it’s her thing, and I;ll most likely always call it that….
- 1 large boneless cooked chicken breast cubed
- 3 cup chicken broth ( plus one extra half cup)
- 3 cups instant rice ( such as Minute Rice )
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup ( I use Campbell’s)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley for garnish
In a Large pot add the three cups of broth and allow it to come to a simmer. Add the rice and cubed chicken and turn off the heat. allow rice to soak up the broth. After about five-eight minutes add the cream of chicken soup and the extra 1/2 cup of broth. Stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!