Easy Peasy Apple Pie
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust ( I use Keebler™)
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip™
- 1 (21 oz) can Comstock™ Apple Pie Filling
- In a large pot, place the can of sweetened condensed milk with the label taken off, in the pot and cover with water. Cook on high until water comes to a boil, then turn on medium for 4 hours, make sure to add water as it evaporates ( use VERY hot tap water)
- Line bottom of crust with a single later of the apples.
- Carefully open can ( I use a kitchen towel and cover the can as I open) and pour into pie shell… add a single layer of apples on top of the caramel ( I do mine in the shape of a flower) Cool pie in refrigerator. When completely cooled, top with frozen whipped topping.
NOTE: also goes good with vanilla ice cream