Here is one of my older recipes, before I started blogging and was just doing facebook. Hope you enjoy, It’s my favorite soup ( well I love all soup).
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced white onions
- 4 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large stock pot on medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions….
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler.
- Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each . Layer each slice of bread with a slice of provolone, 1/2 slice diced Swiss and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.