Sunday Brunch at it’s finest! These little muffins are a crunchy bite of utopia!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals® sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries ( more if desired, but no more than about a cup)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals® Sugar
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
- Fill muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Remove from pan, careful, they are hot. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Melt the Butter in your microwave for about 45 seconds then stir it to make sure it is all melted. In another bowl, add the sugar and cinnamon.
- After 10 minutes, roll the top of the muffin in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar. Allow to sit a few minutes before serving!