It’s not fall, and it’s not chilly, but I am without a doubt craving those home cooked comfort meals already. I put this on the stove last night and went out to mow the field with the hubbyman. After our showers and after we had cooled down and it was nice and dark out, it almost felt like Autumn…but only almost.
- sliced green onion for serving/garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes with the juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 small green bell pepper diced small
- 1 medium white onion, diced small
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Heat oil in large heavy dutch oven, on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from skillet….
Stir onion and bell pepper into skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 2 minutes or until veggies are softened. Stir in Seasoning. Return sausage to pot.
Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to LOW. Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally..
I like to serve with with cornbread! Perfection!
Note: You can also add Chicken or Shrimp if you want something other than sausage.