Fellowship meetings at church are definitely in the top ten of ” a few of my favorite things” ( yeah, I sang that) There is something about coming together in worship and eating and laughing in the Lord’s house! On the first Sunday of each month our church has a Sunday evening singing service, that means anyone within the church goes up and sings praises and when we are all through, we pray over the bounty and we fellowship together. Here is an easy peasy recipe for your next gathering and it’s great for lunch boxes too.
-For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them. Matthew 18:20
- 8 12″ tortillas
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple ( drain well, I use cheese cloth and squeeze it out)
- 4 green onions ( sliced thin, I only use the green tops) ( then I put the white and roots in a glass of water and regrow them)
- about 20 slices of thinly sliced deli ham
1. Combine the softened cream cheese, pineapple, and green onions in a large bowl. Stir until everything is well combined.
2. Spread about 4-6 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla to cover it completely.
3. On top of the cheese, place a layer of ham , it’s normally about4 slices.
4. Roll the tortilla up and place in the freezer for 5 minutes, After it has firmed a bit use a sharp knife to cut the roll into 6-7 slices ( I cut off the ends, the hubbyman takes care of those
5. You can eat them right away of chill them until ready to serve.
A few photos from my kitchen!
Once you can run a fork through it easily … it’s softened just right… about 2 hours at room temperature…. I love this stuff!
I drain it for about ten minutes, then wring it out in a cheese cloth to get the rest of the juice out.. you don’t want wet pineapple.
That’s the good stuff !
Spread it all the way to the sides of the tortilla ….
Cover with the Ham ….
Roll, chill, cut, eat! Told ya it was easy!