I have been wanting to try a tater tot casserole for awhile now. Yes, that’s right… I have never had one, let alone made one… so this is a double first. First time making it and the first time tasting it… and I am happy with both. It’s really good… kinda like an odd Shepard’s Pie… but odd in a good way.
It is 100% Hubbyman approved and I think it will forever be in my weeknight arsenal!
Family Friendly and Budget Worthy of a try.
- 1 1./2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 cups onion, diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 Badia® Complete Seasoning
- 1 (16-20 oz) bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is almost brown. Add corn and stir well, add the seasoning then Drain grease…Add the soup, half of the cheese, the half and half and the sour cream, stir well.
- Pour beef mixture into a 9×13 baking pan. Top with frozen tater tots (try to keep them in a single layer) and then add the rest of the cheese cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes …let sit for about 5-6 minutes before serving.
A few pictures from my kitchen:
About ready to dive in…
top with ketchup if desired, it really adds a nice ZING!