I have been a fan of the crockpot for years … I have always liked most of everything that I have made in it…. BUT this recipe takes the cake!! It is amazing!! I got it from a good friend of mine and she assured me that the whole family would love it…. they did. There is none left!! That NEVER happens… sorry I yelled, but y’all !! You have to try this… I really shouldn’t be so demanding … I can’t find enough adjectives to describe how much I love this dish…
- 1 to 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts ( UNCOOKED)
- 1 28 ounce can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup green chili verde
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 3.8 ounce can black olives (divided)
- Put the chicken breasts and the enchilada sauce, cilantro and cumin in the crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, add the salsa verde and cook another 30 mins.
- Shred the chicken right in the slow cooker, I use 2 forks to do this.
- Cut the tortillas in to strips, add to the pot
- Stir. well, until all tortillas are submerged or at least wet with sauce.
- Add 2 cup of cheese and half the olives into the pot
- Fold , careful not to rip the now moist tortillas.
- Flatten the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- Add the rest of your cheese and the rest of the olives.
- Cook on low for about 50 additional minutes.
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, lettuces tomatoes…. endless choices.
LOOKING GOOD!!! AND THAT’S JUST THE FIRST STEP!!
I know, I yelled again.