Whether you are a Patriots Fan or rooting for Philly, everyone has to eat! Super Bowl Sunday is the second biggest food day of the year, next to Thanksgiving… or so I have heard…
Here is a rundown via http://www.pursuitist.com ®
8 million: Total pounds of popcorn consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
28 million: Pounds of potato chips consumed.
53.5 million: Pounds of avocados consumed.
222,792: Number of football fields worth of farmland to grow all that
corn, potatoes, and avocados.
11.8: Depth, in feet, of guacamole consumed if it were spread across the football field.
293,000: Number of miles of potato chips, laid end to end, consumed during the game.
1 billion: Number of chicken wings consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
325.5 million: Gallons of beer drank by Americans that day.
493: Number of Olympic-sized swimming pools that could be filled with all that beer.
20%: Increase in ant-acid sales the Monday after the game.
Okay that last one…. made me giggle
I don’t see nuts on that list…. but I know their number has to be high too…..I have had this recipe for a long time so , in honor of America..and the great game …. this is for y’all !!
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups nuts of any kind. I used Peanuts, Cashews and Pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Course Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 Casserole Dish with cooking spray. In a bowl, add the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Add the egg mix to the mixed nuts and fold until coated. ( I add the pecans after the first few folds, I don’t want them to break so I go a bit easy on them)
- In another bowl mix your brown sugar and cinnamon. Add to the nuts and fold until coated. Spread the nuts evenly in your pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and Spread out on a flat surface to cool, immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper while still hot.
- Store in an air tight container.