I know that I normally do a full on photo shoot for my recipes and of course will continue that … but this was a quick supper that I just snapped a picture of and got a huge reaction on instagram. I have decided to create a category on the blog titled “recipe cards” these will be the quick recipes that I have on hand, the day to day meals that we all have but don’t pull out the cameras, lights and props for ( yes I have all that, haha) So with our grandmothers in mind… I now offer the old fashioned Recipe Card… from back when we read it, had no pictures and just prayed it worked….. giggles.
This is my easy cream of mushroom soup… it changes from time to time … sometimes I dice the mushrooms small, sometimes I use hunks, sometimes I leave them whole… just depends on the day and the time… this pot was made with diced mushrooms and I kinda like it better…. it has a deeper mushroom flavor…
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package, 8 ounces of fresh white mushrooms cut in half
- 1/2 small onion( diced small)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper and parsley for garnish ( and flavor)
- Melt the butter over med high heat and add the mushrooms and onions until soft
- In a bowl whisk the broth and flour until smooth, add it to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until thickened
- Reduce heat to med low and add the half-and-half and salt. Simmer about 10 minutes. Taste and add salt if you want more.
- Using a food processor, add the soup and cover with a kitchen towel, pulse 3 to 5 times.
- Serve and top with Black Pepper and Parsley.