Here is a quick one for the Farmhouse Recipe Card section. I had a very busy morning.. so I am writing this up for y’all real quick…. have a great weekend!!
- 1 cup real butter, 2 sticks at room temp
- 1 cups vegetable shortening
- 2 pounds of confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-8 tablespoons of cream
- Add the butter and shortening to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer and cream together. Scrape down the sides very often
- Add the vanilla and mix again.
- Slowly add in the confectioners sugar, a little at a time until completely mixed.
- Start adding tablespoons of cream to thin the frosting to the texture you want… Add to a piping bag for cupcakes or ice cake immediately.
- Yields about 40 cupcakes…. can be stored in fridge for up to 2 weeks… just leave on counter for a few hours and re-whip.