To say we are experimental with potato salad would be an understatement. We’ve tried so many varieties, and we haven’t found one we dislike yet. Hubbyman loves the Sour Cream and Chives with Bacon that I made today… I mean, what’s not to love? Bacon, Potatoes, Chives, Sour Cream? It’s a no-brainer!!
Did I mention Bacon?
We’ve had a hectic week, it was so nice to spend the whole day together, he smoked a butt and made Carolina BBQ and I made the tater salad… overall I would say we are two peas in a pod….
- 8-10 medium size white or yellow potatoes ( I always use white)
- 5 eggs
- 1 pound bacon, chopped and cook til crispy then divided
- 2 cups of mayo
- 8oz sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh chives ( as much as you like)
- Cook bacon in a large non stick frying pan, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, peel and cube the potatoes into medium bite size pieces. Put in a large pot and fill with cold water.
- Boil potatoes until tender, but not too soft.
- Drain the potatoes but do not rinse them.
- Lay drained potatoes on a large cookie sheet to cool… making sure to spread them out.
- Boil the eggs, and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks, set aside.
- Cut the rest of the egg whites into very small pieces.
- Add the yolks in to a large mixing bowl with the mayo, sour cream, dill, onion powder and mix with a whisk until creamy.
- Add the potatoes to the egg/dressing mixture and fold well.
- Add the chopped egg whites and half of the bacon and fold gently again
Its ready to serve, but if you like it more chilled, place in the fridge for at least an hour.
When you are ready to serve, add the rest of the bacon to the top, along with the chives. Enjoy!