Olives, you either love them or hate them. I, personally, love them!! I have never found an olive that I hate. They have to be my favorite fruit. I love experimenting with new ways to serve them, its always fun because I am the one that loves them the most . The hubbyman, he can take them or leave them and the kiddo…. well lets just say she won’t get within a foot of them….weird child, but I’m-a gonna keep her.
Summer evenings are for porch sittin’ and sweet tea sippin’ and we gotta have snacks… The creamy cold feta on warm toasted baguettes is a perfect light treat, topped with mixed olives for that briney bite!
Olives, love em or hate em…
- 1 French Baguette, sliced and rubbed with olive oil
- 1 can low salt green Olives
- 1 can low salt black Olives
- 20 Garlic Stuffed Olives
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 tsp Goya® perfect seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula, minced
- Place the sliced baguette on a baking sheet, bake at 350° until light and crispy, set aside.
- Chop all of the olives and place them into a small bowl, add the seasoning and oil and stir well.
- In a separate bowl add the feta to the cream cheese and stir with fork, mashing as you go just a bit to break up a bit of the feta.
- Add whipped feta mix to the top of the baguette slices, then add a tablespoon of diced olives, top with a pinch of the arugula.