If you have ever been to a fair, rodeo or shindig out west, you have smelled this wonderful aroma of Mexican Street Corn in the air! A creamy, cheesy, full of flavor side kick that is Muy bien!!! I feel in love with the sweet treat and have been wanting some since moving back home to NC over 9 years ago, and yes, it has taken me this long to find the perfect recipe to share with y’all … took my time huh!?
This corn is out-of-this-world good and I am convinced that it is soon to be you Summertime go-to side dish!! Trust me 🙂
You will need:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise ( I use Dukes®)
- 1/4 cup Mexican Creama
- about 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija
- 1 tsp each cumin, taco seasoning, black pepper and complete seasoning ( see photos)
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced
- fresh cilantro, parsley and chives ( chopped)
- 4 ears shucked corn
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Turn on the grill
While it is heating, combine mayo, crema, and seasonings, mix well.
When your grill is ready, place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, rotating often, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides if desired.
Transfer corn to bowl with the cream mixture and use tongs to evenly coat corn on all sides. Sprinkle with cheese and and herbs
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.