I know… I’ve been missing in action for a several weeks and I have missed writing for ya’ll so much. A lot has been going on, its the craziest season of the year.
After the hurricane ( Florence ) We had so much to do and so many projects. But I think I might be back and ready to share some of my holiday treats with you …. starting with this festive cheese ball… I made this yesterday for our annual family party and let me tell you…. I don’t think I have ever had so many compliments on one item in one night. It was amazing and there was none left by the time it was all over.
It’s easy and so worth making….
- 24 oz Cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded )
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese ( shredded)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 heaping tablespoon of ranch powder
- 12 oz bacon, diced small and cooked until crispy ( drained on a paper towel and divided)
- 1/2 cup Green onions (chopped and divided )
- 1/4 cup Pecans (chopped small )
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese ( shredded the chopped small with a butcher knife)
Set out 3 packs of cream cheese to soften.
Add them to a large bowl and then add the cheddar, mozzarella, mayo, ranch and half of the bacon and onions.
I use clean, fresh washed hands to mix the cheese, they really are the best utensils.
Mix the cheese well and form into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
Add a piece of parchment to your counter top and place the rest of your onions and bacon, chopped cheddar and the pecans to it. Spread it out a bit and then roll your ball all over it until completely covered. ( you will have more than enough)
Chill until ready to use, but I suggest removing the ball at least an hour or so before serving.