Breakfast at hand is great for those on the go, like me and that hubbyman. We are up early and out the door and stopping for breakfast seems too easy for me. I believe that a homemade meal or quick bite as is the case with these, is the best option. I would rather have homemade anything over fast food any day! Just one mama’s opinion. This a quick recipe that I thought I would write up, hence the lack of my normal photos.. but here it is… in all it’s low carb glory!
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage
- 2 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 tsp salsa per cup
- 1 tsp inced green onion
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray ( this is a must, these babies will stick)
- Add a bit of sausage to the bottom of each muffin tin. Then add the salsa on top.
- Add a pinch of cheese to each cup, as much as you want really.
- Then pour the egg whites into the cup until it is about 3/4 of the way full.
- NOTE: I use egg whites from a carton, not always but I did for this recipe and it was so much easier to just pour it in and then put the lid back on ad toss it back into the fridge.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, until cheese is golden brown ( it floats up to the top a bit) remove from the muffin pan and place each one on a rack ( like a cookie rack) to cool.
They can be eaten right away or put in the fridge for up to one week. Just take them out and microwave them for about 40 seconds.