Y’all won’t believe this… are ya ready? This is the second time I have had to write this recipe… tonight! I dunno how it happened, but it did not save and that is a first… because it normally saves as I go … I am heartbroken to say the least… but it’s okay, cause I love y’all enough to do it all over again!!
It’s true, I do ….
I am craving Summer nights. With Summer nights comes fresher meals… lighter on the tummy but big on flavors….
I had thought that Taco Tuesday was getting a bit boring, but it’s still a tradition in this house… So how do I remaster it? How do I keep the flavors we love and not have have the same ole tacos?
Pasta of course…. lemme know what you think of this combination of Southwest ingredients …. bring on Summer!!!
- 12 oz. bow-tie pasta
- 1-1/2 cups canned corn
- 3-4 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced well
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 can black olives, drained and cut in half
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add the corn about 3 minutes into boiling. Drain and rinse with very cold water, to stop the cooking.
- In a very large bowl, mix the lime juice, cumin, pepper, garlic, olive oil, and salsa with a whisk until blended well. Fold in the pasta, corn, black beans, tomatoes, olives, cilantro, and cheese.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.
My LATEST VIDEO