Around these parts, almost every mom and pop restaurant serves a Pepper Steak Sub , and almost all of ’em have a recipes held near and dear to their hearts!! Guess what? So do I !
This pepper steak recipe is good on rice, noodles and yep, in a bun… I won’t spend a lot of time telling you how much I love it and when I fell in love and how I got the idea to share it with you . I think you just need this recipe!!
Here ya go y’all !!
- pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch x 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1’2 cups beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with water into a slurry
- 1/4 cup tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 5 to 7 canned tomatoes, cut into slices
- sub rolls
- mozzarella cheese
In a non stick skillet cook the beef in olive oil.. cook until almost done and then add your veggies and garlic… stir well.
Add the steak seasoning and stir well .
Add soy sauce and beef broth and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the cornstarch slurry and reduce heat to low… stir well and keep and eye on your moisture level … add broth if needed.
Toast the hoagies rolls for 8 minutes and then remove from oven.
With tongs, add the meat mixture and top with cheese. Bake at 375 until bubbly and melted.
WATCH ME MAKE IT !!
Video Available July 12th 2020