Mongolian beef doesn’t have to be intimidating, its fairly easy and can be made with simple, every day ingredients. There are thousands of recipes out there, some are complex and some are just way over the top. I set out to find a way to utilize ground beef, to think outside the spaghetti., well kinda, I still used the noodles.
Packed with flavor and HUBBYMAN Approved!!
1 to 1 1/2 ground beef
4 tsp minced ginger
1 to 2 tablespoons garlic
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 cups of beef broth
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 pound box Spaghetti Noodles
2 top 3 green onions, sliced for garnish
Sesame Seeds for garnish
- In a large skillet. brown the ground beef along with the ginger and garlic until beef is cooked about half way through. Drain 3/4 of the fat and return the pan to the stove
- Heat pot of water for your noodles.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients , the soy sauce, beef broth brown sugar, red pepper flakes pr cayenne pepper, and the hoisin sauce in a bowl and pour into the beef.
- Cook in the pan for about 3 to 5 minutes
- When you pasta is almost done cooking, transfer it to the ground beef mixture. Toss well and allow to cook for 5 more minutes
- Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds
WATCH ME MAKE IT
Video available July 18th 8am