Nothing says comfort, like a big bowl of soup, well maybe a bowl of soup and a big soft blankie. I love that January is National Soup Month, I’m always looking for any reason to celebrate food.
This recipe is easy, but flavorful. It’s sweet, but savory. Its’s just good Y’all !!
- 4 lb ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp roasted garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Badia Complete
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spread the quartered tomatoes on q baking sheet
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, roast for 1 hour to 1 and a half hours.
- start the onions. Heat a heavy pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the onions and sautee until soft, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle the onions with the dried basil and the Badia complete. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar stir for 3 minutes, Add the broth and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 10-15 minutes . Turn heat to low.
- Add the roasted tomatoes to the broth and onions. Add the garlic and tomato sauce, stir well.
- Add the heavy cream Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot until smooth, add fresh basil
WATCH ME MAKE IT